I have been on the road quite a lot lately, just came back from Tuscany, had a really great time there but before I share my travel and gourmet experience with you (as I have to tidy up my photos first), I would like to share this simple and low-carb recipe with you.
Two weeks ago I made a chicken vegetable soup from scratch but I found using all meat in the soup was a bit too much so I kept some chicken meat for a warm oriental salad the following day and all of us like it a lot. If you like sesame sauce, you will surely like this.
I have managed to buy this French free range chicken which has a relatively bright yellow skin similar to the Chinese chicken I used to have in Hong Kong. And believe me, the chicken really had a much better taste than the normal ones. It really paid off! The chicken still tasted great after cooking for 1.5 hours for the chicken soup base.
How do you make use of your cooked chicken, please feel free to share, would love to hear : )
- 2 handfuls of chicken meat kept from the chicken soup
- 1 small cauliflower, wash and cut into pieces
- handful of Green peas, wash and drain
- 1/2 cucumber, peel briefly, seeds removed & cut into strips
- extra virgin olive oil
Note: feel free to add or substitute with your favorite vegetables
Sesame Salad dressing:
The dressing is actually very similar to the one I used for my earlier recipe: Hiyashi Chika (Japanese Cold Noodle Salad)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons ground sesame seeds (you can use black or white or both)
- 3 tbsp sesame paste chinese sesame paste or tahini
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- With the chicken you saved from your chicken stock, hand pull the chicken meat into pieces, the texture by hand pull method is better than cutting with a knife !!!
- Prepare the sesame sauce by mixing the above in a bowl and set aside.
- Boil the cauliflower for a few minutes, not too long so they are still crunchy
- Stir fry the green peas with a little olive oil for a minute or so and repeat the same for the cucumbers.
- Let all cooked vegetables cool to room temperature.
- Arrange the vegetables on a big round serving plate and the hand pulled chicken in the middle.
- Garnish with some ground sesames and serve with the sesame dressing.